TVS has unveiled its latest 125cc bike, and it’s a testament to the notion that delivering something exceptional is never too late. While TVS had previously included the Phoenix, another 125cc bike, in their lineup almost five years ago, it was discontinued due to its limited popularity and low sales volume. Although TVS might be tardy to the party, they have now introduced the all-new TVS Raider, their new 125cc motorcycle.
In a remarkable span of just 19 months, the Raider has successfully garnered a total sales figure of 316,130 units in the domestic market as of the end of March 2023. The Tvs Raider 125 is aimed at young, tech-savvy riders looking for a modern and accessible motorcycle that offers tons of thrilling performance without breaking the bank. Loaded with cutting-edge features and smart tech, the Raider 125 offers an unparalleled ride experience in its class.
Features of TVS Raider
TVS has introduced the Raider 125, a commuter bike, specifically targeting the Generation Z customer segment. Understanding the preferences of this age group, this model meticulously designed to offer a sense of personal connection and individuality.
The bike’s aesthetics perfectly embody this idea. From the front, the Raider exudes a sporty and aggressive appeal, which continues seamlessly along the sides to the rear with its sleek and distinct body lines. Young buyers will undoubtedly find the Raider visually appealing, thanks to its dual-coloured front fender, tasteful accents of glossy black in select areas, and a body-coloured engine guard that adds a touch of premium-ness. While the indicators aren’t LED, the Raider features LED headlamps with daytime running lights (DRL) and an LED tail light.
Recognizing the tech-savvy nature of the Generation Z demographic, TVS has equipped the Raider with a five-inch TFT-coloured display. This advanced instrument cluster provides essential information such as:
- Speedometer readings,
- Gear indicator,
- Fuel gauge,
- Time display,
- Trip meter,
- Odometer, and
- Distance to empty (DTE)
Additionally, an innovative feature included in the display is the helmet reminder, which flashes as soon as the rider starts the bike. It’s worth mentioning that the Smart-X connected vehicle system will be available as a separate variant, catering to the tech-oriented preferences of the target audience.
Engine & Performance of TVS Raider
- The Tvs Raider 125 in India showcases a robust 124.8 cc engine, harnessing the potential to generate an impressive 11 bhp at 7,500 rpm and a peak torque of 11 Nm at 6,000 rpm. Mated to a smooth five-speed gearbox, this powerhouse ensures an efficient fuel consumption of 67 km/l. Notably, the bike offers two selectable riding modes, Eco and Power, enabling seamless switching on the go.
- Right from the start, the engine’s power and torque inspire confidence, granting riders the freedom to explore its capabilities. With slightly superior torque figures compared to other 125 cc commuter bikes, the Raider delivers an initial surge of energy that is palpable. As you accelerate, the power band rises steadily until reaching the 70 km/h mark. Beyond that, the power delivery remains consistent until reaching a top speed of 99 km/h, while the bike’s remarkable acceleration allows it to go from 0-60 km/h in just 5.9 seconds.
- Even at higher speeds, such as 90 km/h, the TVS Raider’s three-valve engine exudes a sense of stability and composure, reassuring riders that they can push their limits without hesitation. It is worth noting that the gearbox exhibits precision in its gear shifting, ensuring seamless transitions without any false gear concerns.
- The front suspension features telescopic forks with 120mm of travel, while the rear boasts a gas-charged 5-step adjustable mono-shock. This setup ensures a balanced and capable ride, delivering satisfactory handling in various conditions.
- When it comes to braking, the Raider impresses with its reliable performance. It is worth mentioning that the rear disc option is not available across all variants. However, the braking system functions effectively, instilling confidence in the rider. TVS offers a few variants, with one option equipped with both drum brakes and another featuring a single front disc for enhanced stopping power.
Tvs Raider 125 price starts at ₹86,771 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for its standard variant. This attractive pricing strategy positions the Raider as an appealing option for riders seeking an affordable yet feature-packed commuter bike. TVS has introduced an impressive and feature-packed 125cc motorcycle in the Raider 125 that redefines the standards for its class. By targeting tech-savvy Generation Z customers and packing the Raider with smart technology, connected features, different ride modes and even a feather-touch fuel tank, TVS has created a bike that truly stands out from the crowd.
If you’re looking for an affordable 125cc motorcycle that also feels premium, performs brilliantly and offers a unique blend of smart tech features, the TVS Raider 125 deserves to be at the top of your list. It rethinks what a 125cc commuter bike can be, and that’s why its unbeatable features make it a worthy choice.